JMule project forum

JMule - Java file sharing client

It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:28 am

Your Ad Here

Post subject: Collaboration and joining forces
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:43 am 

Hello, I am working as a postgrad student for an opensource project, developed inside "Università di Padova", which has a module for filesharing in ed2k/kad networks. In this project I personally worked first on the development of the ed2k part, which is now followed by a small team of students, while I am starting to work on kad implementation.

As I see you are working at a steady pace and since we probably outnumber you I think it would be great to join forces.

If you want to give a first glance at what we're doing: http://www.paripari.it/mediawiki/index.php/Mulo_en

Post subject: Re: Collaboration and joining forces
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:46 pm 
JMule staff member
JMule staff member
 WWW  Profile

Hello Fr4ncis,

I'm glad that somebody is building such a large project, I saw there you have ed2k, bittorrent, VoIP, IRC... etc. You need lots of resources in order to finish this project.

Where can I found the source code for paripari project ? it's open source right ? I found on site a SVN repository but the access is over ssh and it requests a password.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:39 pm 

I will talk shortly to the project manager and the professor responsible in order to give you all the details needed as currently we're not advertising nor handling very well relationships with potential external developers, so you may be the first one, and I am looking very forward for this collaboration, as we have some ambitious ideas for p2p filesharing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:37 am 
JMule staff member
JMule staff member
 WWW  Profile

Let's make all the things clear :

1. The JMule Team is an independent unit that tries to accomplish several goals : http://jmule.org/?page=goals
2. To become a core developer you need to regularly contribute to the project through testing, bug fixing, code patches etc.
3. Paripari must be an open source project compatible with GPL, on the site I've found binary (.jar) files only. The project must have a public source code repository accessible for everybody (at least in read only mode)
4. You may use the JMule's source code in your project if and only if the point (3) is respected
5. We (JMule Team) will contribute to the Paripari project if and only if we'll have time and the point (3) is respected

- javajox, JMule developer