JMule project forum

JMule - Java file sharing client

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:30 am

Your Ad Here

Post subject: Conecting to Servers and Peer DownLoading list
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:05 pm 

Hello guys,

First of all I would like to congratulate you all for the great work carried out on the Jmule project. I am a final student in IT that is currently studying your work done and analysing the way everything works in order to propose changes.

I would like to point out to two main things in which Jmule don't work in the same way that the Emule software does. This things are:
1) I have seen that I can only conect to one single server at time. Why this ?
2) I have notice that when I am sharing a file I can only have one peer downloading at time? Why?

Can these things be improved? if so you could give me a hint of how to do it and I could may be start looking it up.

Thanks for your attention and I look forward hearing from you guys!

Post subject: Re: Conecting to Servers and Peer DownLoading list
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:26 pm 
JMule staff member
JMule staff member
 WWW  Profile

Hello,

Here are the answers for your questions :

> 1) I have seen that I can only conect to one single server at time. Why this ?

JMule like eMule is connected only to one server at a time to avoid overload on the other servers. Read more here : http://forum.emule-project.net/index.ph ... opic=71770 The *FEATURE* of JMule which will allow to connect to many servers at a time will be *NEVER* implemented in the official JMule app

> 2) I have notice that when I am sharing a file I can only have one peer downloading at time? Why?

Probably you used an older JMule version

-javajox, JMule developer

Post subject: Re: Conecting to Servers and Peer DownLoading list
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:07 pm 

Hello javajox,

Firts of all, I want to thank you for answering the questions. About the second question I am using the latest Jmule version. May be I didn't explain very clear my doubt.
> 2) I have notice that when I am sharing a file I can only have one peer downloading at time? Why?
-What I mean is that I have noticed that when I am sharing a file with people, there is only one peer downloading for the sharing session and the others are just waiting. I was wondering why the peers in the queue are not geting some bits of the file at the same time. Is it because it can support too many connections at the same time?

Thanks in advance!